The SOL Origin redefines the survival kit from the ground up. In one product that fits in the palm of your hand, the Origin gives you the collection of tools you need to survive the unexpected and make it back alive. Think of it as the ultimate cross breed of the traditional ten essentials and a survival kit, all wrapped up in one lightweight, easy to carry, indestructible package.
The heart of the Origin is its ABS-plastic waterproof case, which contains an array of key survival tools, including TinderQuik fire starting tinder, 150lb-test braided nylon cord, mil-spec stainless steel wire, and an emergency sewing and fishing kit. And, for those unfamiliar with wilderness survival, backcountry expert Buck Tilton’s survival instructions contain over 60 survival techniques and strategies.
However, the body of the case is really what sets the Origin apart - integrated into the lid is a flip-up Rescue Flash signal mirror with retroreflective aiming aid. Flip the case over, and find the one-hand-operable Fire Lite firestarter, as well as a removable liquid-damped compass. Finally, secured in a button-release slot is a fully-functional folding blade knife, with a 100db rescue whistle and ultra-bright LED light integrated into the knife handle. The AUS-8 drop-point blade has been designed for the precision cutting you need during survival emergencies, and it excels at slicing, whittling, and any task where blade control is essential.
The SOL Origin is the lightest, most space efficient, and most durable survival kit on the market. Welcome to the future of survival – the Origin™ is mandatory equipment for any outdoor adventurer.
- Adventure Racing
- Avid Hunters and Fishermen
- Back country Guide (Small Group)
- Back country Hiking & Skiing
- Day Hiking
- Hiking and Backpacking
- Hunting & Fishing
- Outdoor/Adventure Program Leaders
- Rafting and Kayaking Day Trips
- Scouting Trips
- Broadcast your location up to 20 miles away with the Rescue Flash™ Signal Mirror and up to one mile away with the 100dB pea-less whistle.
- Rugged ABS hinged case with machined silicone gasket for waterproof protection.
- AUS-8 folding-blade knife designed for precision cutting.
- The first product to distill the functionality of a survival kit into the usability and compactness of a single, pocket-sized tool .
- Ultra-bright LED aims down the blade for task lighting; 15 hours of run time and easily replaceable batteries for extended use.
- Fire Lite sparker is waterproof, easy to grip, and one hand operable. Produces over 5,000 sparks.
- Removable button compass will help you get your bearings straight.
- Written specifically for the Origin, Buck Tilton's 62+ lifesaving tips and techniques will help you make use of all the unique tools inside the Origin - and Survive Outdoors Longer.
(1) Sewing Needle, #7, Darner
(1) 62 Lifesaving Tools & Techniques
(1) Aluminum Foil, Heavy Duty, 3 Sq. Ft.
(1) Combination Knife, LED Light & Whistle
(1) Compass, Button, Liquid Filled
(1) Fire Lite Fire Striker
(4) Fish Hook, #10
(1) Fishing Line
(1) Safety Wire, Stainless Steel, (6 ft of 0.020")
(1) Signal Mirror, Rescue Flash
(2) Snap Swivel, Size 12
(2) Split Shot, Lead B
(4) Tinder Quick
We reserve the right to add, substitute, or delete items if necessary
Please note: Some medications may not be available in products sold outside of the US, additional items may be substituted.