Food and Water
Being prepared for any type of emergency situation that may occur usually includes something for a makeshift shelter and enough food and water so you can survive at least 72 hours. Having enough food and water ensures that you will be able to keep the body internally warm and give you energy to work on getting back to safety or finding a rescuer. We have MREs, all types of water pouches, food bars and even preparedness seeds ready to be part of your survival/disaster preparedness plans and kits. Don't be caught unprepared!
Best "Survival Foods" - Though it's always great to have some of our food bars, water pouches and MRE's stashed away to use in case of an emergency, there are also other elite survival rations that you should keep in mind to use in case of an emergency:
- RICE - Every time you go to the store you should buy one 10-lb bag of rice. You can find them for around $5 at most supermarkets. Rice will stay in good condition for 10 years or more if stored properly.
- BEANS - They are known to be one of the best all-round survival foods. They're high in protein, and if sealed in food-grade buckets with a small amount of dried ice, they'll stay for up to ten years.
- CORNMEAL - All-purpose flours are good to store, but cornmeal may be the best overall. Cornmeal is packed with dense carbohydrates and contains oils that helps extend its shelf life.
- LARD - If you're a health-conscious reader, hydrogenated lard does not sound very appetizing, but in a survival situation you can't afford to be picky.
- SALT - Salt is one of the most useful survival food items. It's used for storing food, curing beef, and flavoring most meals. Salt will stay forever, so always buy extra when you're shopping.
- CANNED FRUIT & VEGETABLES - These are another obvious survival food, but not as practical as many would think. They're heavy and somewhat costly for the calories they deliver. Additionally, acidic fruits and any cans with tomatoes will not keep as long as most people think. But most canned food is good for 5+ years. Buy green vegetables and fruits like peaches and pears for long-term storage, but more importantly, buy what you already eat in case you need to rotate them into your diet before they go bad.
- Emergency Water Bag, 16.9 ozList Price: $1.99 $1.99 $0.99 As low as $0.70
- Preparedness Seed Pack - Guardian Survival Gear
- 1200 Calories Mayday Food Bar - MaydayList Price: $5.25 $5.25 $4.95 As low as $3.96
- Emergency Cat Food - MaydayList Price: $6.75 $6.75 $3.87 As low as $2.71
- Mayday 6 Pack Pouch Water w/ Pour Spout - MaydayList Price: $6.55 $6.55 $3.76 As low as $2.63
- Mayday Pouch Water - 4.225 Ounce Each - MaydayList Price: $0.48 $0.48 $0.30 As low as $0.21
- 2 Gallon Water Bag - Value BrandList Price: $8.40 $8.40 $6.82 As low as $4.77
- Germicidal Tablets 50 Tablets - MaydayList Price: $18.50 $18.50 $9.87 As low as $6.91
- 5 Gallon Water Container (Collapsible) - Value Brand
- Water Filtration Bottle - Guardian Survival Gear
- Mayday Pouch Water - Case of 100 - MaydayList Price: $31.80 $31.80 $24.99 As low as $17.49
- 30 Gallon Water Barrel DOT Approved - Value BrandList Price: $189.00 $189.00 $150.20 As low as $105.14
- 30 Gallon Water Barrel Package - Value BrandList Price: $289.00 $289.00 $266.50 As low as $186.55
- 55 Gallon Water Barrel DOT Approved - Value BrandList Price: $234.00 $234.00 $167.36 As low as $117.15
- 55 Gallon Water Barrel Package - Value BrandList Price: $305.00 $305.00 $283.14 As low as $198.20
- 3600 Calories Mayday Food Bar - MaydayList Price: $10.50 $10.50 $9.95 As low as $7.96
- Siphon Pump - 55 & 30 Gallon Water Barrels - Value BrandList Price: $38.95 $38.95 $27.84 As low as $19.49
- 2400 Calories Mayday Food Bar - MaydayList Price: $8.85 $8.85 $6.95 As low as $5.92
- 80 Gallon Hot Water Heater Strap - Value BrandList Price: $25.50 $25.50 $16.15 As low as $11.90
- Bung Wrench - Value Brand
- Emergency Dog Food - MaydayList Price: $6.75 $6.75 $3.87 As low as $2.71
- 55 Gal. Water Preserver - Case of 12 - Value Brand
- 55 Gallon Water Preserver 5 Year - Value BrandList Price: $23.85 $23.85 $19.99 As low as $13.99