Elastic Adhesive Tapes
AC-tape elastic adhesive tape provides fantastic, support, compression and adherement. When playing sports, dancing or just working out in the yard, all-cotton elasticity and the fact it is latex free, gives top notch comfort, strength, flexibility and all around comfort. Its adherement qualities help to protect the skin and reduce skin irritation from use.
There are many ways to tape a sprain ankle. One of the more common ways is to use both an underwrap and some Elastic Adhesive Tape:
- First, you wrap the ankle with the underwrap (non-adhesive material) by starting at bottom of foot, to the ankle, leaving heel uncovered.
- Secure the under wrap with an "anchor" made from the elastic adhesive tape, that covers the underwrap at the ankle and down to ball of foot.
- Create a stirrup by starting to wrap on the other side of anchor and bring it up and over the arch of the foot then to the other side of anchor, rewrapping a couple of times.
- Create an X over the foot by placing the end of a piece of tape at the ankle bone and run it diagonally over the top of the foot then bring it down under the arch and toward the inside of the heel. Then bring it around the back of the heel and back up over the foot.
- Finally, make a Figure 8 by placing the end of the tape on the outside of the ankle, just above the bone. Run it over the top of the foot at an angle, then bring it under the arch and up the other side of the foot. Next bring it around the ankle and back to the point where you started.