BBP & Personal Protection Kits
Whether by air or bodily fluids, we have the industrial protection kits for you to make sure you are protected against as many bloodborne or airborne pathogens as possibly. Accidents are unforeseen when working with hazardous materials so the more prepared you are, the easier it will be to tackle a problem in case someone is exposed to infectious materials. All of these personal protection kits include protective gloves, coveralls, masks, and pathogen killing materials such as wipes. Also included are fluid control solidifiers to help control the flow of hazardous bodily fluid.
Previous Pandemic stats and why we should all be prepared:
- Bubonic plague (pandemic) - Many think the Bubonic Plague (also called the Black Plague) is long gone, but beware the Bubonic Plague is still lurking! Back in the 1600's The plague wiped nearly 2/3 of the population of Europe.
- Spanish Flu (pandemic) - As recent as 1918, the Spanish Flu killed 20 percent of the world's population.
- Ebola Virus (pandemic) - Back in 1976 the first Ebola Virus appeared and caused quite a stir. It's back with live cases of Ebola hitting close to home in an Atlanta hospital. Deadly pandemics, like Ebola, are only a plane ride away, and one infected person can trigger a domino effect. Unlike the flu, however, Ebola can't be spread through the air, only through blood and bodily fluids.
- Swine Flu (pandemic) - In 2009 Swine Flu hit the United States.
- Avian Flu (pandemic) - While China has had Avian Flu, the United States has virtually escaped threat. An exception is Texas in 2004, which had a strain of avian flu.