CPR & AED Awareness Month
June is CPR & AED Awareness Month
American CPR Training® encourages all of our responsible and conscientious clients to help us support and promote National CPR & AED Awareness Week.
In 2008, Congress designated the first week of June for observation of National CPR / AED Awareness Week, with the goal of encouraging all states, cities and towns to establish organized programs which provide CPR and AED training to the public. We at American CPR Training® realize that not everyone can arrange a class or promote CPR & AED Awareness the first week (especially with Memorial Day cutting into this week) so we've made it our policy since 2008 to promote CPR & AED Awareness Month.
By participating in the program, we can raise the public awareness regarding Sudden Cardiac Arrest and increase the chance of survival by having at least one person in each household trained and an employee for each shift and every department trained in CPR and the use of an AED.
Start Planning Now! Will YOU work with us to promote CPR and AED training in your community?
What can YOU do for CPR & AED Awareness Month?
Recent statistics for Sudden Cardiac Arrest, CPR and AED
Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA)
- Almost 300,000 casualties of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest are treated each year in the U.S.
- Less than eight percent of people who suffer cardiac arrest outside the hospital survive.
- Click here to learn more about the Newest Updates to the CPR Guidelines
- Less than one-third of out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest casualties receive bystander CPR.
- Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double or triple a person’s chance of survival.
- Click here to learn even more about CPR.
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- Unless CPR and defibrillation are provided within minutes of collapse, few attempts at resuscitation are successful.
- Even if CPR is performed, defibrillation with an AED is required to stop the abnormal rhythm and restore a normal heart rhythm.
- New technology has made AEDs simple and user-friendly. Clear audio and visual cues tell users what to do when using an AED and coach people through CPR. A shock is delivered only if the victim needs it.
- Click here to learn even more about AEDs
CPR Guidelines have changed...
CPR Guidelines changed in 2011. These were the most significant CPR updates in more than 40 years.
We pride ourselves in being leaders in the Health & Safety field and were extremely pleased to have been the first training organization to introduce the complete C.A.R.E. CPR™ curriculum. CPR certification will include complete hands on training in the most recent updated Adult, Child, & Infant CPR recommendations and guidelines and as a bonus, the training will also include instruction in Compression-Only CPR™.
The updated CPR certification class will include complete, hands-on training in the newest Adult, Child & Infant CPR recommendations and guidelines, and as a Bonus, the training will also include instruction in Compression-Only CPR™.
We also include with every training an individual Student Practice Kit for each and every participant who attends the training. That means each participant who is enrolled in CPR or AED training is issued a CPR barrier mask and non-latex gloves for optimal personal protection. Each participant is also given a Student Training Handbook, CPR reminder pen and a two-year certification card.
All American CPR Training® classes offered include all new Student Training Handbooks that follow the new updated guidelines and standards along with Student Practice Kits, the Student Training Handbooks, the reminder pen, and the two-year certification cards are all included in the price of the training!
Remember that every Home & Business should have an AED
AED devices can actually lead to recovery, while CPR alone most often can only maintain stasis until more advanced Lifesaving care arrives. You can purchase AEDs for very reasonable prices. If you have a little time to plan ahead, the AED Grant Program is an easy way to obtain corporate, buy down Grant funding to help reduce the cost further. This program is a partnership between AED Manufacturers and Corporate Sponsors to reduce the cost below any available online pricing to effect deployment of these critical devices as many places as possible. The program is available for Businesses, and even Individuals, not just Organizations and Non Profit Groups.
If you are interested in an AED for your facility please go to www.AedGrant.com for more information about the AED Grant Program!