What is your Emergency Plan if a Robbery occurs?
In the event a robbery occurs, the main objective is to reduce the risk of injury to employees and individuals and to get the robber out of the building as soon as possible.
- Be attentive and calm. Listen to the robber and do exactly what he/she asks you to do.
- Do give up money as demanded.
- Remain alert. Try to remember details of the robber’s appearance, clothing, speech, etc.
- If possible, watch the robber’s method and direction of escape.
- Expect foul/strong language. Expect to lie on the floor.
- Do not make any sudden movements.
- Don’t overreact.
- Do not grab for the weapon or call for help.
- Do not argue.
- After the robbery, write everything down.
Senior Management shall:
- Call the Police and the Company President
- Have all witness write everything they can recall.
Also Learn about Workplace Violence