The world can be full of stress, from at home to the workplace. In the fast-paced world that we live in, we are always encountering situations that can be stressful. A good amount of these situations occur at work. Yet stress, and its effects on our ability to do our jobs, is a subject that is often overlooked. Our training products on Workplace Stress help employees identify potentially stressful situations and learn how to cope with them. Some of the topics covered in this material include situations causing stress, positive versus negative stress, recognizing symptoms of stress, effects of stress on the mind and body, eliminating "stress factors" and many more!
Here are some very interesting statistics about workplace stress:
- 40% of workers reported their job was very or extremely stressful
- 25% view their jobs as the number one stressor in their lives
- 75% of employees believe that workers have more on-the-job stress than a generation ago; 29% of workers felt quite a bit or extremely stressed at work
- 26% of workers said they were “often or very often burned out or stressed by their work”
- Job stress is more strongly associated with health complaints than financial or family problems.