Housekeeping & Accident Prevention
Just like at home, Good safety housekeeping at work can significantly reduce accidents and injuries in any type of work environment. By developing good safety habits, and by being aware of their work environment and any hazards associated with it, employees can help to create a much safer workplace. Our training products on Safety Housekeeping and Accident Prevention demonstrate to employees how to prevent workplace accidents by paying attention to safety housekeeping considerations. Topics covered are general safety awareness, how to properly use ropes and cords, proper tool storage safety awareness and more!
"Poor housekeeping can be a cause of accidents, such as:
- Tripping over loose objects on floors, stairs and platforms
- Being hit by falling objects
- Slipping on greasy, wet or dirty surfaces
- Striking against projecting or poorly stacked items or misplaced material cutting,
- Puncturing or tearing the skin of hands or other parts of the body on projecting nails, wire or steel strapping
To avoid these hazards, a workplace must maintain order throughout a workday. Although this effort requires a great deal of management and planning, the benefits are many.