Food Storage Survival Kits
Being prepared for long periods of time is tough to think about but you will be thankful for being prepared if you are in a disaster or some other emergency event where you are stranded for up to 72 hours or longer. For these extended periods of time, we have our Guardian Food Storage survival kits. This Long Term Food Storage Essentials Kit has all of the food and supplies you will need to keep you safe for an extended period of time. Depending on which kit you choose, you can have food supplies for up to two servings per day for three days or even enough food for one person for 14 days. These kits are also equipped with other survival products such as lights, communication, shelter, first aid and hygiene/sanitation items.
Storage tips for keeping your Emergency Food Supply:
- Keep food in a dry, cool spot – a dark area if possible.
- Keep food covered at all times.
- Open food boxes or cans carefully so that you can close them tightly after each use.
- Wrap cookies and crackers in plastic bags, and keep them in tight containers.
- Empty opened packages of sugar, dried fruits and nuts into screw-top jars or air-tight cans to protect them from pests.
- Inspect all food for signs of spoilage before use.
- Use foods before they go bad, and replace them with fresh supplies, dated with ink or marker.
- Place new items at the back of the storage area and older ones in front.
- Consider building a special storage unit for your supplies.